Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentine's Blizzard - Clearing The Roof





I drove to Memere's house on Saturday (2/17/07) morning to take some pictures on her land of the snow accumulation as a result of the Valentine's blizzard. Memere (Hester) is Jen's grandmother.
.
When I pulled into her driveway, I noticed Jen's cousin, Travis, on the roof of the breezeway trying to clear some snow. I couldn't believe the amount of snow I saw on the roof. Travis is just over 6 feet tall and the snow pile was taller than him. I took a few pictures before I stored my camera in my car. I decided to give him a hand as I couldn't see him doing the whole thing by himself.
.
Well, I ended up helping him for over 4 hours and we completely cleared the roof of snow and ice. I was extremely exhausted and pretty much decommissioned for the rest of the day. I slept like a baby that night. Although, it was a lot of work, it felt good to help out. Well, in my opinion, I got enough exercise for the rest of the year! :-)

No comments: